So I just keep telling myself that if I can get him to go in the right direction he will make a great adult. (That is what I try and comfort myself with) but here are a few things that we have experienced with him lately.
He is having a hard time listening and following directions I am trying everything and a few things might be working I can't tell yet but anyway in the midst of all this Grin installed another door knob on the boys door that locks from the outside (something that I learned in a love and logic book that saved my life) anyway since Ella came and Jaxon moved rooms he hasn't had the lock on his door but lately his actions have required we put one on his room. Anyway he has spent a lot of time in there and I always tell him that I don't have to lock it if he stays. Well the other day he had been in and out of his room maybe a couple of times already and I went to get him. Ella followed me in so I went to pick her up and bring her out when Jaxon ran out the door and that is right Locked me in. I said "Jaxon you have to the count of five to have this door unlocked or you will stay in here until dinner" his response," How you going to get out" (can you just hear him) lucky enough Gavin was on the outside and was more than willing to help me. And Jax stayed in his room till dinner. But he thought he was pretty funny.
This week is early out all week for SEP Conferences. Well Jaxon has a hard time coming home from school very quickly on normal days so when he gets out early he thinks that he can play even longer. Well he gets out at 1:25 at 2:00 I thought I would walk down and see if I could find him. Gavin and I walked all around the school no Jaxon. So I thought we must have missed him and went home to find that he wasn't there either. I then called all of his friends trying to see if they had seen him no one new they had all been home for a while now. I called the school and had him paged no response. So then I got back into the car and headed the other direction looking at all the spots he tends to linger. At 2:45 I headed home with the thought in my mind that I would have to call the police next after all we are talking about an hour and a half past school getting out. He walked in the door right in front of me. My sister in law was there and told him I was looking for him. His response. Why? Oh my word what a kid. I don't know how we didn't pass each other anyway any tips on how to get him to walk straight home would be appreciated. This is the second time we have gone as far as talk to his teacher so now she is starting to wonder I think about my parenting skill and I have to say so am I. The next step might be a walkie talkie.
He is having a hard time listening and following directions I am trying everything and a few things might be working I can't tell yet but anyway in the midst of all this Grin installed another door knob on the boys door that locks from the outside (something that I learned in a love and logic book that saved my life) anyway since Ella came and Jaxon moved rooms he hasn't had the lock on his door but lately his actions have required we put one on his room. Anyway he has spent a lot of time in there and I always tell him that I don't have to lock it if he stays. Well the other day he had been in and out of his room maybe a couple of times already and I went to get him. Ella followed me in so I went to pick her up and bring her out when Jaxon ran out the door and that is right Locked me in. I said "Jaxon you have to the count of five to have this door unlocked or you will stay in here until dinner" his response," How you going to get out" (can you just hear him) lucky enough Gavin was on the outside and was more than willing to help me. And Jax stayed in his room till dinner. But he thought he was pretty funny.
This week is early out all week for SEP Conferences. Well Jaxon has a hard time coming home from school very quickly on normal days so when he gets out early he thinks that he can play even longer. Well he gets out at 1:25 at 2:00 I thought I would walk down and see if I could find him. Gavin and I walked all around the school no Jaxon. So I thought we must have missed him and went home to find that he wasn't there either. I then called all of his friends trying to see if they had seen him no one new they had all been home for a while now. I called the school and had him paged no response. So then I got back into the car and headed the other direction looking at all the spots he tends to linger. At 2:45 I headed home with the thought in my mind that I would have to call the police next after all we are talking about an hour and a half past school getting out. He walked in the door right in front of me. My sister in law was there and told him I was looking for him. His response. Why? Oh my word what a kid. I don't know how we didn't pass each other anyway any tips on how to get him to walk straight home would be appreciated. This is the second time we have gone as far as talk to his teacher so now she is starting to wonder I think about my parenting skill and I have to say so am I. The next step might be a walkie talkie.
1 comment:
Oh, Kris. The whole lock you into his room just made me nervous...he is a force to be reckoned with. I don't even know what you should do- but before he goes to play after school he should be checking in at home!
Post a Comment