The Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay

The R.O.U.S.Team


Somehow I convinced Grinner to run with me in the Ragnar Relay. I think I mentioned competition and he came running (this time literally). It is a 181 mile run from Logan to Park City. You are on a team of 12 and each person runs 3 legs 3 to 8 miles each for a total of 13 to 19 miles in about 24 hours. You run all night and all day. What a blast! It sounds crazy I know in fact there were several times that I thought we must be off our rockers for even attempting it. (That was during my first leg 5 miles in the 90 degree weather didn't set well with me. But the other two legs were awesome and we really had a great time. Our team was the R.O.U.S's (Runners of unusual speed) taken from Princess Bride (Rodents of Unusual Size) We all had t-shirts with different quotes on them mine "I'm not a Witch I'm your wife" rather fitting during this time of remodeling. Grin's Said " It's not my fault being the biggest and strongest, I don't even exercise." This stemmed from the fact that he did the least amount of training and was likely to finish better than most of us which he did. Sometimes I just want to smack him. With the exception of a few blisters we all came out really quite well. Our team finished 222nd out of 579 teams.


Our total time was 27:58:24.1 making an average of 9:16 per mile
The winners time was 17:19:34.8 Making an average of 5:69 per mile (HOLY COW)
The slowest team finished in 36:01:41.8 Making an average of 11.93 mile

So we did pretty well I think thanks to those who are real runners. Although my short run 3.1 miles I ran at a 8:30 pace I know it is sad but I felt pretty good about that I really do consider myself a 10 minute mile woman.


All in all I highly recommend it right down to trying and getting a few hours sleep in the school gym on the wrestling mats (not fun but all part of the experience)


This attachment is a newspaper article that mentions our team brief but cool
StandardNET/Standard-Examiner


Grin and I just before the race full of much more energy

These are both during our first legs (the hot ones) we tried to drink and run at the same time but it didn't work very well

Roger (our team mates Blisters yikes!) Thanks for taking one for the team Rog!

Just some of our kills(people you pass while you run) along the way

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Awesome. I loved the team uniform Idea.. hilarious since I LOVE that movie! Congrats! That is awesome.. I might have to THINK about doing that next year.. but I am not so sure.....

WhiteFamily said...

What a fun thing to mark off your "bucket list" I love the team name...and the fun sayings on the shirts. What an accomplishment!