So there is a house being built in our neighborhood. (above)I have been running past it on my runs and watched it progress it is now finished and we rode past in on a family run this morning and to my extreme delight it was for sale by owner. So Grin and I got off the bikes and looked around. It is beautiful just what I would do if I built my own. full of architectural detail. Kitchen cabinets almost just like the ones I just chose. beauiful hardwood floors built in, columns and an open upstair overlooking the family with fabulous red iron railings. I was convinced I told Grinner we would down grade a few of the finishes in the kitchen and get it done and put it up for sale "We are moving into this house"! I have made up my mind. By the time we had come back from the bike ride I had it all worked out in my mind we would get 100,000 profit out of our house and that house would be around 350,000 and we would not have to change our payment much at all. Grin said that I was wishful thinking that the house was probably more around 450,000 still I might sale the boat to make it happen. So we got home and called the owners this is what we discovered.
Lot: 250,000 just under a 1/3rd of an acre
Square footage 4,000 finished
6,000 total
basement framed and sheetrocked
grand total: 999,000.00
That is right folks a million dollars for a beautiful but average house so there you have it what a million dollars can buy you these days in Fruit Heights Utah. So unless I can find some sucker to pay 700,00+ for my house I am SOL.
2 comments:
Just buy it. You know you can afford it =) You would just be a little house poor, right?
Holy Crap! I guess that's just the way it goes... but it is WAY overpriced! You wait... you'll get it for 450- just hold out!
Post a Comment