We spent the week of the 4th of July at Echo reservoir boating and playing in the water. It was sooo great to finally get the boat out (first time this year) and play a little.
We spent the 4th in the little town of Henifer. this really made me want to move to a small town. The kids started the day out by riding in a bike-a-thon which was 3 miles long and they were troopers going up hills and all over they gave them a t-shirt,drink, and a treat at the end they all felt pretty accomplished Jaxon was so excited all he talked about for Days was his Bike-A-thon.
We then had a fabulous breakfast for 5 bucks a person one of the better "fireman breakfast"types I have had. We then went back to the lake and played until dinner time when we went back to Henifer for there BBQ dinner and had the best beef I had ever eaten which is saying a lot because I don't eat beef and it was even cold which I NEVER eat but I was hungry so I tried it and loved it. Anyway we then listened to a concert by Tyler Payne who happened to be my mom's cousin(Well there dad and my mom our first cousins) and his little brother Josh Payne played the electrical guitar who I went to high school with. So we went and talked to them afterwards. Of course they didn't have any idea who we were (Josh vaguely remembered me) but mom had to go tell them we were related anyway. It was all very fun and small town I loved it.
On our ride home we stopped at a restaurant my sister had heard about called Taggart Grill in Taggart Utah. It is now my favorite place to eat. They put all of there sandwiches on homemade Pitas and everything is Delicious. I highly recommend stopping in if you ever go through Weber canyon it is right of the Taggart exit. All and all what a great 4th of July
1 comment:
Oh, that Ella! She is so darn cute! We'll have to visit that Taggart Grill sometime..
Post a Comment